dinsdag 31 maart 2009

More impressions

Yet again we generalize a bit! Well that’s what you do when you arrive in a country! :)

The Philippines is a very religious country. You can’t ignore it…Before every meeting, a prayer is said; some people make the sign of a cross before eating and when entering a djeepney; in djeepney’s you can also see signs like “God bless our trip” and churches are still full when there’s a Mass. God is everywhere and he can see everything :).


Food-food-food…breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, diner, snack, snack,…yes they love to eat…especially rice…from morning to evening!

Karaoke, Videoke…Karaoke is something we do when we are a student, when drunk and just one song and quickly leave the place when you sang…Here it’s completely different. It’s a national “sport”! It’s great! Karaoke = just singing along with the radio, Videoke = what we know as karaoke, singing along with a video while you can read the text on the screen. Everywhere you can hear people sing. Crazy!Wonderful! In lots of places, besides the road, you have tv-screens where you can stop and have a little sing. And yes everybody sings…whether they can sing or not…no shame…just go loose and let your voice speak! And yes off course…I have let my voice speak :). Last Friday I went out with my CPaG colleagues and yes we went singing. Not just on the street…there is also a different way. You can rent a room for an hour or more and sing along with all the songs you want to. They said they wanted to go singing for one hour or so…three hours later we left the room! A strange habit but I like it!



Oh and one more thing…I am soooo tall here! Yes, I bumped my already several times in the djeepney. And everywhere I go people are smaller than me. For the first time I feel a little bit uncomfortable being tall :)

2 opmerkingen:

  1. hihi, grote marga, valt nochtans niet op op de foto's hoor! Keep on singing :)

    Schmirnan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. door de kniën buigen is altijd een optie :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen