Or Safe Water and Sanitation Programme – Southern Province.
Before coming here the titel was all I really knew about the project. But after more than two weeks, it has become a bit clearer.
The project works in three district of the southern province and exists out of three sections: drinking water, sanitation en social awareness.
For the first section several networks for water supply will be build, so that the citizens have sufficient access to drinking water.
These two sections are accompanied by social awareness. It’s within this section that Xavier and I, the two new Junior Assistant, will be/ are working. Xavier will be, together with his Rwandan colleague Marie-Claudine (aka Cloclo) working on sensitization and Médiatrice (aka Media) and I on Gender. In our tasks we are assisted bij Vestine (aka Miss Comm), who’s responsible for external communication. A wonderful group, a great atmosphere!
Our predecessors Anniek and Coryse have, together with Cloclo, Media and Miss Comm, already accomplished a lot: t-shirts with slogans on safe water and hygiene, sketches, posters, an socio-economic research/study, …
It’s clear that they haven’t been sitting around doing nothing the past two years. Now the time has come for Xavier and I to continue the great work. With a lot of enthusiasm and in good spirits we start this new experience.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten