woensdag 6 mei 2009
Immigration office and Taoist temple
Sanne had to extend her visa…and as I didn’t have anything special to do that day I decided to join her. Nicer for her and that way I could see where to go when I had to extend mine (and in the end I was able to extend it…so I am legally here until 17th of July :) ). The Immigration Office isn’t in Cebu-city but in the neighboring city: Mandaue. Although I start to get familiar with the jeepney’s…getting to this office didn’t seem so easy…asking around at the jeepney stand…some people were willing to help, but they had no idea what we were talking about and others just stared at us (yes we are getting used to the staring and the not replying to what you are saying…perhaps because they don’t understand you…but they always keep on smiling:) )…so in the end we had to take a taxi. People in the immigration office were extremely friendly…strange…normally the people working in this kind of offices are always in a hurry, brutal, … . But not here. Everything at ease, making small talk, … very nice. We even got a phone number to have a drink someday…from mister Rommel (hihi…Rommel = junk in Dutch). What’s also very interesting are the other people waiting for their visa…mostly old, white men, accompanied by a very young Filipino women…While waiting for the visa a white, middle aged man started to talk with us. It wasn’t his first time in the Philippines. He just loves to come here. He also can’t stand the old man-young girl thing…but having sex with a Filipino women is still on his “to do”-list…yes…strange conversations in the immigration office…
Later that day we went to the Taoist temple. One of the only things to visit here (as a tourist) in Cebu-city. (Of course there is a lot more to see here, especially if you go into the mountain area…wonderful views…) But anyways this temple is on the list of must-see things in Cebu. From far away it is quite impressive, but getting closer it looks a bit “fake”. Well..it looks Chinese (not the old way, but the new way) :). Getting there you pass these fancy, big houses, with huge gates…and looking a bit farther you see the little wooden houses…the slums…yes again..rich and poor living right next to each other…that’s Cebu-city!
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten